Board of Trustees
A Board of Trustees (BOT) is responsible for seven key work areas:
- Development and ongoing review of the school charter
- Monitoring and reviewing your school’s progress
- Putting in place a policy framework
- Employing the principal
- Managing assets
- Ensuring your school’s legal compliance
- Implementing the National Education Guidelines (www.nzsta.org.nz)
The Rosebank School BOT is made up of seven members;
Board Chair - Sarah Hayward - email@example.com
Board Secretary and Returning Officer
Gail McElrea - firstname.lastname@example.org
The Board meets on the first Wednesday of the month with the exception of January. Board meetings operate under the Local Authorities Act with means that members of the public are able to attend but do not have speaking rights unless specifically allowed by the Board Chair.
Any sensitive information is normally discussed “in-committee” at which point members of the public are asked to leave.